[rt-users] RT : Apache Resource Usage

Varun varun.vyas at elitecore.com
Thu Oct 22 01:15:20 EDT 2009

Hello All

I have RT 3.6.3 with fast cgi implemented and apache 2.0 with 8GB of
physical RAM. My problem is that after every 3 days my physical ram gets
fully utilized and apache starts using swap memory. So my machine gets on
its knees. I have no other application running on my machine where I have
apache installed and no other process is using memory when I see in top
command its just my 30 fastcgi processes takes significant amount of RAM i.e
nearly 98% and I cant cut this 30 process to low level as by doing this,
performance will degrade on concurrent request of RT users. Can any one
suggest me how I can get best of both the worlds i.e giving good performance
plus limiting memory consumption also. I have RHEL 4 and its kernel version
is 2.6.9-42

Any help is highly appreciable

Thanks & Regards

Varun Vyas