[rt-users] A few small changes I'd like to make to our RT....

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 23:45:32 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 5:26 AM, Gustavo Campos <guhcampos at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Well, my mission is, as yours, to adapt RT to our company needs, and
> that includes hiding information from the user and changing the themes
> and templates. Some of our changes could not be done only with
> permissions, for example: I need to hide the 'SLA' custom field on
> ticket creation, but need the staff to be able to see it's auto-set
> value after the ticket is already created - but I don't want staff to
> be able to modify it. How did I do it? Simply override the create
> ticket template with one that supress that custom field.

Gustavo, I do believe that this task with SLA CF can be acomplished
by revoking ModifyCustomField right on this CF from all users, just
grant them SeeCustomField.

Even if you can not do that because of some reason then it's better
to learn about callbacks. I think it's possible to use callbacks to hide
CFs from Create/Edit/Display pages. Callbacks are easier to port
over RT upgrades, they usually just work.

Even if callback is not there then another way is to patch file/move
it to local just to add a callback. It's also easier upgrade as callback
addition is an one-line change.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.