[rt-users] A few small changes I'd like to make to our RT....

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 02:16:14 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 12:36 AM, Gary Greene
<ggreene at minervanetworks.com>wrote:

> On 10/22/09 3:04 PM, "Jerrad Pierce" <jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org>
> wrote:
> >> The thing here is that the interface is presenting far too much
> information
> >> for my users (both admin and self service UIs), thus why I'm trying to
> > I'd recommend just getting used to it.
>
> If I had to "just get used to it" as you put it, we'd never move over to
> using RT. The corporate culture here is very non-forgiving of IT if we
> don't
> give them exactly what they want. Thankfully, I've managed to do everything
> I want with only a couple of small items left on my plate for testing with
> more users here.

Bestpractical has consultants that can help you streamline your RT
installation to your users' wishes:
http://bestpractical.com/services/development.html

I mean, it's open source, but it does not have to cost zero, does it? Other
solutions cost a lot and you don't even get the chance to change the
functionality.

That is the typical solution for other software solution in environments
like yours anyway, I am surprised I even have to point it to you :-)

--
Natxo