[rt-users] CPAN's RT::Crypt::SMIME installation fails

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Oct 23 14:12:39 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 11:09:57AM -0700, Behzad Mahini wrote:

> >The test suite for RT::Crypt::SMIME is realy intended for a
> >development
> >environment. It's unfortunate, but I wouldn't expect it to work on
> >your
> >live RT instance.
>
> So, if I do a force install and ignore the failing  tests, I should
> not have any worries about this module performing its functions
> properly (i.e., signing, encrypting/decrypting emails encapsulated in
> MIME, etc.)?

Absent the caveats I mentioned in my previous message about having not
tested it at all on 3.8 and not knowing if it works, nope.

> >As a heads up, we last qualified it for a customer on 3.6. I don't
> >know
> >for sure that it works on 3.8.  We could certainly bring it up to date
> >(or take a patch)
>
> I would truly appreciate it if you would be able to update this module
> to work with RT 3.8, as we were hoping  to use SMIME features of RT.

Sure. Shoot sales at bestpractical.com a note and I'll make sure that we
get an estimate of the work's cost to you out to you ASAP.

> Incidentally, if this upgrade is not feasible, what do you suggest as
> an alternative?

The native PGP support in 3.8 might be an option.

Best,
Jesse