[rt-users] UseSQLForACLChecks causes slow performance

Justin Hayes justin.hayes at orbisuk.com
Sat Oct 31 15:08:44 EDT 2009

Well we turned on slow query logging for anything longer than 1
second, and I didn't see any logged. So maybe there are lots of
queries all taking < 1 sec but the time adds up.

I'll try to do some more debugging over the next couple of days,
trouble is it's a live server now and its hard to just isolate the
queries for just 1 user hitting the main page.

Justin

On 31 Oct 2009, at 16:09, Kenneth Marshall wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 11:21:08AM +0000, Justin Hayes wrote:
>> I've just upgraded to 3.8.4 and as part of that I've enabled
>> UseSQLForACLChecks
>>
>> RT_SiteConfig.pm:Set($UseSQLForACLChecks, 1);
>>
>> However this really slows down load of the homepage. For example with
>> my default layout load time goes from <1s to 6-7s. The Quick Search
>> panel alone takes ~3s (for about 20 queues and 40k tickets) for a
>> user
>> that can see all 20 queues (for myself with SuperUser rights it's
>> much
>> faster).
>>
>> I really would like to keep that setting as it fixes a number of
>> display bugs with homepage panels and ticket results.
>>
>> Anyone have any suggestions? I notice that 3.8.6 is now out. Were
>> there improvements in that that would help with this setting?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Justin

>> Justin Hayes
>> Orbis Support Manager
>> justin.hayes at orbisuk.com
>>

> Hi Justin,
>
> Have you looked at the queries being run to see if there are obvious
> missing indexes? I know that it is relatively new as a feature so the
> tuning still has room for improvement.
>
> Regards,
> Ken

Justin Hayes