[rt-users] Sorting by CustomField

Lars Thegler lars at thegler.dk
Wed Sep 2 04:55:16 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Jerrad
Pierce<jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org> wrote:
>> However, in this case, we have a numeric custom field, and the default
>> Ascending sorts '10' before '2'. Any hint on how to specify numerical
>> instead of alphabetical sort order?
>
> Pack the single digits with a leading zero.

Good workaround, but ugly. Also, the length of these numbers is not
upwardly bounded, so I'd have to prepend a lot of zeroes to be sure of
the sorting.

Maybe there's a way to prepend zeros, do the sorting, and the remove
the zeroes before display?

Am I to assume there is not way to specify the sorting, numerical vs
alphabetical?

/Lars