[rt-users] Custom status auto-creates dependent ticket?

Roode, Eric eroode at barrack.com
Thu Sep 3 17:50:57 EDT 2009

Hello,

    I searched the web, the FAQ, the mailing list archives, and the
docs, but didn't see any reference to this specific issue.  If I've
missed an obvious answer, I apologize!  :-)

    I'm running 3.8.2.  I set up two custom statuses, by adding Set(...)
lines in RT_SiteConfig.pm.  These statuses are "working" (the owner is
actively working on the problem) and "waiting" (the owner cannot proceed
because they're waiting on someone or something).

    Now when a user changes the status of one of their tickets to
"working", RT creates a NEW ticket, identical to the old one (but with a
new id number), changes the new ticket's status to "working", leaves the
old ticket's status at "open", and adds a dependency in the new ticket
on the old ticket.  This seems like a needless complication.

    What is the meaning of this behavior, and can it be changed so that
the custom statuses behave like other statuses?

Thank you,

Eric J. Roode
Senior Enterprise Developer
Barrack, Rodos & Bacine