[rt-users] Dealing with other ticket systems

Sven Sternberger sven.sternberger at desy.de
Tue Sep 8 05:06:26 EDT 2009

Hi!

On Mo, 2009-09-07 at 14:10 +0100, Alex Young wrote:
> Has anyone else seen this before? I can’t imagine I am the first. Have
> I misconfigured something? How are other people dealing with

we had this problem several times, with foreign ticket system,
mailing list and so on. The problem is the reply you are
sending on mails from the other tracker.
You can configure RT not to send this replies to
these type of sender.

A probably configured mailing list or ticket system will mark
outgoing mails them with  "X-FC-Machinegenerated: true"
or "Precedence: list"
but not all ticket systems do this so I utilize procmail
to add such a header to incoming mails

example give all mails from evil_tracker the extra tag:

in the procmail config
:0fh
* From: evil_tracker at customer.org
|/usr/bin/formail -f -I "X-FC-Machinegenerated: true"

and in RT_SiteConfig
Set($RedistributeAutoGeneratedMessages, 'privileged');

hope this helps!

best regards

sven