[rt-users] Send new Ticket ID to external program

Mr Benjamin Stocker enfopol at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 9 03:58:24 EDT 2009

Hi there

I'm new to RT and have a question on creating new tickets. We want to use rt-mailgate to create tickets on incoming mails. When a new Mail is stored as a new ticket, a external program should be called provided with the following informations from RT:

Ticket ID
Requestor (Mail From)
Mail Subject

I already tried adding a Perl Module to @MailPlugins, but that Modules seem to be called before ticket creation. It was not possible to extract a Ticket ID. I also learned about "Scrips" but have no clue on how to use them to do the job. If someone had the same problem and found a practical solution, I will be grateful for all informations.

I use RT 3.8.

Many thanks.