[rt-users] deny unexisting users create tickets via email

Fri Sep 11 06:01:02 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm sorry if my question is already answered in old posts, but I have
searched a lot and not found....

People who need RT here, want to provision manually our customers with
an unique email, and allow only the existing customers to create tickets
via email.
Other people mailing to operations at mycompagny.com (only one general
queue) would receive an "unauthorized email" response.
The customers are created as unprivileged, with a password, and  can
access the SelfService

I studied the following possibilities, but they all have a serious
drawback, or don't work :

-> revoque the right CreateTicket and SeeQueue for Everyone in the
General Queue and add it to Unprivileged, but because of AutoCreate,
when an email is received, the user is provisionned, and become
unprivileged, and the ticket is created.

-> create a Group "Clients", and allow only privileged users of that
group to CreateTicket and SeeQueue , but when they login, thez don't get
only selfservice anymore.

-> I have seen people who play with CanonicalizeOnCreate, AutoCreate,
SenderMustExistInExternalDatabase, LookupSenderInExternalDatabase in
RT_SiteConfig but it seem to work only with external authentication
(http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2003-February/012029.html)

It appears to as a basic config, I can't believe that nobody had the
same need, and has found or developped solution !

Thank you very much for help

laetib