[rt-users] WebExternalAuth AND an RT::Authen::ExternalAuth LDAP ExternalInfo provider..?

jan.grant at bristol.ac.uk jan.grant at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Sep 15 15:21:21 EDT 2009

I'm using (aspiring to use) apache's mod_auth_cas to do external
authentication, plus RT::Authen::ExternalAuth as an info provider to
provide information about the apache-supplied username.

Is this actually *possible*? RT 3.8.4. Basically, the idea is to use our
common CAS SSO setup to provide usernames to RT, and then to rely on LDAP
if the user doesn't already exist in order to create the new account.

Unfortunately, putting RT::Authen::ExternalAuth on the @Plugins appears to
disable WebExternalAuth.

Can this be made to work? And if so, how?

Cheers,
jan

--
jan grant, ISYS, University of Bristol. http://www.bris.ac.uk/