[rt-users] RT web request timeout

Venkateswaran, Subbaraman Subbaraman.Venkateswaran at blackrock.com
Wed Sep 16 18:43:58 EDT 2009

Can someone suggest a way we could set a time out for web request to RT?
The main problem is that we do not want to allow external applications
accessing RT over http beyond a certain specific time. Due to these long
running process, RT crawls and eventually runs extremely slow.

What we are thinking is to set a time limit for the Mason Web Handler
and kill the process if it exceeds a "n" seconds. The FastCGIServer
appConnTimeout and idle-timeout does help with this requirement but they
kind of kill abruptly. We want to kill the process gracefully by doing a
proper handler cleanrequests.

Appreciate your help here.

Thanks
Subba Venkateswaran
A&T - App Eng - SEG
609 282 7015

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENT MAY BE PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED FROM DISCLOSURE. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this message and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and permanently delete it from your computer and destroy any printout thereof.