[rt-users] RT with forms and workflow?

Lorens Kockum rt-id-45 at lists.lorens.org
Sat Sep 19 23:56:05 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 01:26:27PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> > I'm looking for something
> > where one can *easily* create a workflow
>
> [3 weeks late, I know]

Better late than never, especially as it's you. I've continued
to monitor in the hopes of getting a reply.

> This is a MAJOR goal for the RT4 series. [...] trusted users
> can create their own forms and views using only their mouse.

Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.

While I'm waiting (it certainly doesn't sound as if RT4
is coming for Christmas 2009), it seems to me from your
message that today, admins can create forms and views
using their keyboard?  Sorry if haven't been keeping up
with the technology, but to me RT didn't support forms,
in the sense "custom fields mixed with text and laid out
on a page".  Has that changed?  Searching for "form" on
http://bestpractical.com/rt/features.html certainly doesn't
give that impression.

--
Lorens