[rt-users] Need to Merge Users; can't install extension

Roode, Eric eroode at barrack.com
Mon Sep 21 13:22:00 EDT 2009

On Monday, September 21, 2009, Kevin Falcone wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 11:13:18AM -0400, Roode, Eric wrote:
[...]
> >        How should I install this extension?  Thanks in advance.

http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/FALCONE/RT-Extension-MergeUsers-0.03/READ
ME

> That has installation instructions
>
> If you're using a non-3.8 RT you may actually just want to install
> 0.02 since 0.03 has a bunch of 3.8 specific fixes (as documented in
> Changes)
>
> You may find that RT extensions that have tests are more easily
> installed by hand instead of using the CPAN shell.

Okay, I did that, and restarted apache, but never saw any change
to the User Administration pages.

However, installing the module did install a script, rt-mergeusers,
in the rt3 bin directory, and I successfully used that to merge
the users.

Thank you!