[rt-users] sqlite

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Tue Sep 22 14:40:03 EDT 2009

> SQLite is primarily intended for development and testing environments.
> It's not well-suited to a multi-user production environement for RT.

Actually, I think SQLite's mission is to provide a lightweight database for
individual use applications.  It's used by a lot of such things such as Apple
Mail, Safari, Firefox, Google Gears, and the Skype client.  But it certainly
isn't robust enough for the enterprise side of things.  Google Gears on SQLite
sure, but Google itself?  Skype client yes, but Skype servers?  Not gonna happen.

--
   Tom Lahti

   (425)251-0833 x 117
   http://www.bitstatement.net/