[rt-users] Notify "admincc" on ticket creation only?

Rui Vitor Figueiras Meireles rui-f-meireles at telecom.pt
Fri Sep 25 05:36:54 EDT 2009

I did something similar to that.

I have many queues, and I created 2 groups. One group administers some queues, and the other the rest.
When a ticket is created on a certain queue I needed to send a notification to all the members of the corresponding group. (The problem with using AdminCCs is that they will get all the correspondence afterwards - I just wanted to notify on creation).

So here's what I did:

1 - I installed SendEmailAction
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/SendEmailAction

2 - I created a new Global Template for each of the groups:
Example for roup "staff-DPL":
Name: Mail to staff-DPL
Desc:
Content: Code for version 3.8
------------------------------
To: { my $GroupObj = RT::Group->new($user);
$GroupObj->LoadUserDefinedGroup('staff-DPL');
$GroupObj->MemberEmailAddressesAsString()}
Subject: {$Ticket->Subject}

A new topic has been created in queue "{$Ticket->QueueObj->Name}".

{$RT::WebURL}Ticket/Display.html?id={$Ticket->id}

-------------

{$Transaction->Content()}

Content: Code for version 3.6
------------------------------
To: { my $derivedGroupName = "staff-DPL";
my $GroupObj = RT::Group->new($RT::SystemUser);
$GroupObj->LoadUserDefinedGroup($derivedGroupName);
return undef unless $GroupObj;
$GroupObj->MemberEmailAddressesAsString()}

A new topic has been created in queue "{$Ticket->QueueObj->Name}".

{$RT::WebURL}Ticket/Display.html?id={$Ticket->id}

-------------

{$Transaction->Content()}

3 - The I created a specific scrip in each queue administered by "staff-DPL":
Condition: On Create
Action: Send Email
Template: Mail to "staff-DPL"
Stage: Transaction Create

Is works fine to me.
This action (send email/send email to group) should be added to new releases.

Rui Meireles

Message: 7