[rt-users] RT Upgrade 3.0.6 -> 3.8.5 database problem

Graeme Fowler G.E.Fowler at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Sep 28 14:56:45 EDT 2009

Torsten Olschewski wrote:
> I'am not a MySQL guru. How can I find this users or how can I fix this
> problem? There are about 30k users. Most of them from spam mail.

Try this MySQL query:

SELECT COUNT(*), id, Name, EmailAddress from Users GROUP BY EmailAddress
HAVING COUNT(*) > 1 order by Name, EmailAddress;

That'll return a list of all the users with identical email addresses.
You will then have to decide what to do with them - if they have only
spam (or no) tickets, you can shred them without any danger.

Graeme