[rt-users] Custom Field validation rules

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Sep 28 15:11:26 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 02:01:40PM -0400, Mike Johnson wrote:
>    What version of RT was validation rules for custom fields added?
>
>    I've done some googling, and I found that 3.8 definitely has the ability to make fields
>    manditory, as well as using regular expressions to validate the data entered in them all done
>    through the web interface.
>
>    I'm just curious as to what version of RT that was added.  I went to Best Practical's site and
>    couldn't find a patch log type of thing for me to search through :D

You'll find git log is your friend here, but there is an even simpler
solution for schema changes

rt/3.8/etc/upgrade (3.8-trunk)$ grep Pattern */schema*
3.3.0/schema.Oracle:ALTER TABLE CustomFields ADD Pattern VARCHAR2(255)
NULL;
3.3.0/schema.Pg:alter table CustomFields add column Pattern
varchar(255) NULL;
3.3.0/schema.mysql:alter table CustomFields add column Pattern
varchar(255) NULL;

They were later upgraded to >255 char fields

-kevin