[rt-users] Help adding links to things

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 09:26:41 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Max McGrath <mmcgrath at carthage.edu> wrote:

> Hi all -
> Running RT 3.8.7 on Ubuntu 9.10.
> I guess I'm kind of looking for recommendations and/or a how-to.
> What would be my best option to add links to things (things being our wireless management site, blackboard admin, res hall registration admin web pages, etc...) on the main page of a privileged users login?
> Should I just straight up add it with HTML on a certain page (which page would that be?) or would making a Dashboard of some kind be a good option?

Here's one way that's pretty simple.  Create the file
$RTHOME/local/html/Elements/Links

-----------------------
<&|/Widgets/TitleBox,
    title => loc("Links") &>

<b>Linkage</b>
<!-- insert some html links here -->

</&>

<%init>
</%init>

Then edit your $RTHOME/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm file and add the line:

Set( $HomepageComponents, [qw(QuickCreate Quicksearch MyAdminQueues
MySupportQueues MyReminders RefreshHomepage Dashboards Links)]);

Then you can go into Configuration, Global, RT-at-a-glance and you'll
see the item "Links" which you can now add to the homepage for
everyone.

--
Andy Harrison
public key: 0x67518262