[rt-users] Batch user import?

Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 3 12:47:22 EDT 2010

Have look onto this tiny piece of code...

createuser.pl

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;

BEGIN { die "You must define \$RT_HOME\n"
          unless exists $ENV{RT_HOME} };
use lib "$ENV{RT_HOME}/lib";

use RT;
RT::LoadConfig();
RT::Init();

use RT::Interface::CLI qw(GetCurrentUser loc);
use RT::Tickets;

my $CurrentUser = GetCurrentUser();
die loc("No RT user found.\n") unless ($CurrentUser->Id);
die "We need exactly 2 Arguments, Name & Email\n" unless ($#ARGV==1);
my $UserName=shift @ARGV;
my $Email=shift @ARGV;
my $User = RT::User->new($CurrentUser);
my
($id,$Message)=$User->Create(Name=>$UserName,EmailAddress=>$Email,Privileged=>1,Password=>'apassword');
if ($id){
        print $Message."\n";
        }
        else{
                print"This is a error!\n$Message\n";
                }

triggered from a shell script like these:

#!/bin/bash
export RT_HOME=/opt/rt3
P1=/opt/rt3/local/bin/
U1=/opt/rt3/local/bin/userlist

while read zeile; do
        set -- $zeile
        echo "Bearbeite User: "$1 $2
        /usr/bin/perl ${P1}creatertuser.pl $1 $2
done<$U1

you need a csv file called userlist with the needed values.

2010/8/3 Carol Sabbar <csabbar at carthage.edu>

> Checking to see if my messages are going through.  I have asked this
> question twice and haven't seen my question go out or any answers to it.
> Please!  Need help!

MFG

Torsten Brumm

http://www.brumm.me