[rt-users] Install on CentOS, best current instructions

Steve Szmidt sszmidt at callcentersg.com
Fri Aug 6 14:00:46 EDT 2010

Hi,

With all the dependencies there are a number of pitfalls, and a number of
different instructions. I bought the book, which is not completely current
anymore. I don't know what might have changed.

What/where are the best instructions to follow to do the install?

Also, I prefer to stick to a RH (rpm) based distro. Right now I'm using CentOS
for the install. Any thoughts on this?

PERL is certainly omnipresent in RT and a lot of mods are used. Which is the
best set of instructions for this distro.

My production arch is likely to be i386 with 2G RAM and about 5 techs. Of
course SQL loves RAM as does PERL, I'd love to hear some notes on the arch.

Steve