[rt-users] Install on CentOS, best current instructions

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Fri Aug 6 14:09:07 EDT 2010

> With all the dependencies there are a number of pitfalls, and a number of
> different instructions. I bought the book, which is not completely current
> anymore. I don't know what might have changed.
>
> What/where are the best instructions to follow to do the install?
The README that comes with the distribution.

Install from source, with a non-system perl.

CPAN/CPANPLUS is your friend, and it will handle dependencies just fine.

Installation is trivial unless you have SELinux enabled, and even then it's not
too hard to figure out what strictures need to be loosened from logs,
list archives
and the wiki.
--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money. Save the planet.