[rt-users] Install on CentOS, best current instructions

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 6 14:59:42 EDT 2010

--- On Fri, 8/6/10, Jerrad Pierce <jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org> wrote:

> Precisely. RedHat is bad at not clobbering newer versions
> of modules
> (RPM has the ability to run prep scripts, which could check
> to see that
> the version being replaced is not newer than the package to
> be installed).
>
> You encounter this, and on Centos 4 I encounter File::Temp
> occasionally
> being downgraded to an incompatible version.

I recently installed RT 3.8.8 on CentOS 5.4, 64bit.

There were a few extra steps I had to do in order for the 'make fixdeps' to succeed:
# yum install gd
# yum install gd-devel

Get the graphviz repo file.

# cp graphviz-rhel.repo /etc/yum.repos.d/

# yum install graphviz

There is also this, which is a bit overkill, but you can skip the "Active Directory 2003 & Exchange 2007" headache, and only do the RT part.  :)

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/CentOS5InstallPlusSome