[rt-users] Installation problems

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Fri Aug 6 20:35:20 EDT 2010

On 08/06/2010 08:23 PM, Victor Victrolla wrote:
> I was actually pretty confused about what the RTAddressRegexp should
> look like, and how it should be written (in quotes, in //'s, etc).
>
> Set($RTAddressRegexp , '*@censored.com');

Quotes are fine.  The problem is indeed that *@censored.com isn't a
valid regex.  It's also unlikely what you actually want.
$RTAddressRegexp should match only the addresses that RT uses, not any
of your users' addresses.  As perldoc etc/RT_Config.pm says:

"C<$RTAddressRegexp> is used to make sure RT doesn't add itself as a
ticket CC if the setting above is enabled.  It is important that you set
this to a regular expression that matches all addresses used by your RT.
  This lets RT avoid sending mail to itself."

Given these settings:

> Set($CorrespondAddress , 'rt at censored.com');
> Set($CommentAddress , 'rt at censored.com');

You likely want: Set($RTAddressRegexp, '^rt at censored.com$');

If you've configured other queue addresses already, you should add them
as well, like so:

Set($RTAddressRegexp, '^(?:rt|other|athird)@censored.com$');

Hope that helps,
Thomas