[rt-users] ACL Troubles with RTFM

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Aug 10 07:56:48 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 01:07:32PM +0200, benoit plessis wrote:
> 2010/8/9 Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com>:
> > On Sat, Aug 07, 2010 at 01:10:27PM +0200, benoit plessis wrote:
> >
> > What happens if you go to
> > Configuration -> Custom Fields -> custom field name -> Group Rights?
>
> In this case, it's also working

Ok, this is probably the best way to give those rights
I'm guessing that granting the RTFM global right isn't creating
something correctly, but I'd have to go look at the ACL record.

Please drop a note into the bugtracker (rtfm-bugs AT
bestpractical.com) about that way of assigning rights not working.  It
sounds like we either need to track down the ACL failure or not let
you set that right in that particular screen.

> > Have you applied the CF to the Classes (using the Applies To link from
> > the Custom Field page)?
>
> Yes indeed, this was the way i used
>
> > There were some bugs with that in 2.4.2 and
> > 3.8.8, so if you haven't done that you may need to test out the
> > 2.4.3rc1 release on Friday.
>
> So i'm screwed ?

No, there are just 2 ways this can get screwed up (rights and applied
to) and I wanted to rule out the applied to problem (especially since
I knew there was a bug with 3.8.8+2.4.2).

-kevin