[rt-users] 3.2.1 -> 3.8.8 any major data schema changes?

John Arends jarends at illinois.edu
Tue Aug 10 09:50:20 EDT 2010

You can upgrade the whole way. The upgrading scripts will bring you current.

Then you just need to hook up your new RT instance to the old database
(or, copy the database to your new machine first).

My database isn't on the RT machine so it makes it easier. We generally
build completely new RT machines for each major version, or when the OS
needs an upgrade (RT 3.6.x to 3.8.x, RHEL 4 to RHEL 5, etc).

--
John Arends
jarends at illinois.edu
Network Analyst