[rt-users] Exim - simple config

Graeme Fowler G.E.Fowler at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Aug 12 11:11:05 EDT 2010

On 12/08/10 16:02, David Lane (IT Support) wrote:
> 100% of the messages sent to this box should go into the general queue
> in RT so i don't need 95% of the config settings in Exim

I'm not a Debian-ite... but I know Exim. You can reduce the Debian
config as far as possible to the most basic "reconfigure" option which
delivers to local users.

> I would like to get this working rather then change the MTA

All you need is to put things in your alias file like so:

rt: "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue General --action correspond --url
<your url>"

...and that's it.

Graeme