[rt-users] Hiding ticket metadata for certain groups

Miha Valencic miha.valencic at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 03:11:57 EDT 2010

Hi!

I'm fairly new to RT administration, although I've been using it in the past
a lot. We're setting up a new version (3.8.8) and are wondering if there is
way to hide some of the ticket metadata for certain users (basically
privileged users without group membership).

The reason is that we've integrated it with Zimbra LDAP server and we wan't
to offer RT as a support channel for our Zimbra users, but we don't want to
'clutter' their ticket display with full ticket metadata. Instead, we'd like
to just show ticket status, ticket owner and replies.

On a related note, is there a way to set default "RT at a glance" contents
for different groups? I know I can change the default one and each user can
change his/her own - what we'd like to achieve though, is that for certain
users (in a group) we'd like to setup a default RT-at-a-glance view with
predefined saved searches (like my-requested-tickets). What we've done so
far is that we've created a dashboard with those queries and this is the
only dashboard available to those groups. And we've added the "Dashboards"
portlet to RT-at-a-glance default layout -- but this means that the users
have to click on the dashboard to get to those saved searches.

Thanks,
  Miha.