[rt-users] Hiding ticket metadata for certain groups

Miha Valencic miha.valencic at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 02:22:36 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Kevin Falcone
<falcone at bestpractical.com>wrote:

> >    At first, I configured ExternalAuth to create unprivileged users, but
> I was unable to add them
> >    to groups. Because I have _one_ ldap for authenticating all of the
> users. And I wanted some
> >    users (staff) to have more rights than the rest.
>
> Sounds like you wanted to make those few users Privileged by searching
> for them and editing their User records in the UI.  You can then put them
> in a group and leave the rest Unprivileged.

Kevin, all is good. I reconfigured RT ExternalAuth to create Unprivileged
users by default and SelfService interface is what seems to work for now.
What I was puzzled about was that the users _are_ indeed created in the DB,
but they were not visible in the UI. I was already prepared to write back
that the users are not visible in the UI, when I tried searching for a
specific handle and UI found that user.

It is a bit unintuitive that in order to list all users (Privileged _and_
Unprivileged) one has to search for users with filter not matching
"someN0n$en$e" to see all of the users.

Thanks for your help,
 Miha.