[rt-users] CommandBy Mail question about vcards

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Fri Aug 20 16:01:32 EDT 2010

Kevin,

Obviously, I could be wrong, but I thought "*Set($MessageBoxIncludeSignature,
1);*" was to allow the passing along of the v-card in a reply.

As to your suggestion on using a group filter, I had first thought of that,
but my problem is that these "signiture card users" exist sporadically
throughout several groups that correspond on RT tickets involving Human
Resources and Payroll requests. The HAVE to use RT and they send out too
much email everywhere else using their signiture cards for me to ask them to
turn it off just when corresponding to email to/from RT. It would get too
confusing and inevitably someone would forget and then we get another error
situation. I was hoping it would be a *simple* patch to examine the email
for a v-card and simply ignore/bypass it just like it does a regular email
with no CBM commands. If not, then we will just have to deal with it. It
just looks bad from the Users perspective (you know how they don't
understand when you tell them it's part of the system ;-).

Anyway, at least I know where it's coming from. Not knowing for me is like
watching a movie (I'm an AVID movie watcher) with no plot (he he).

Thanks for your time and consideration on this.

Kenn
LBNL