[rt-users] RT::Action not found after upgrade 3.8.2 -> 3.8.8

Benno Overeinder benno at NLnetLabs.nl
Thu Aug 26 10:31:30 EDT 2010

I haven't the original email thread to reply to, but this might be
valuable to the email list.

The change Ruslan proposed works for me.  I had the same problem here,
but after the change in webmux.pl, apache started again.

Thanks,

-- Benno

ruz at bestpractical.com wrote:

Hello,

Try to change RT::InitClasses( Heavy => 1 ) to RT::InitClasses( Heavy
=> 0 ) in webmux.pl instead of using the patch (revert it) and report
back if it helps.

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Raghu Siddarth <raghusiddarth at
gmail.com> wrote:
> I got the same issue here. Upgrade script went through without any errors,
> cleared mason and restarted apache, but it failed to start with the
> following error :
>
> [error] Require of RT::Action:: failed.
>
> Can't locate RT/Action/.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/opt/rt3/bin/../local/lib
> /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Extension-PriorityAsString/lib
/opt/rt3/bin/../lib
> /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8
> /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at (eval 1318) line
> 3.\n\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 2) line 1.
>
> [error] Can't load Perl file: /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl for server
> ritsnet-rt.mine.nu:0, exiting...
>

> Thanks Razvan for the quick fix below. It worked for me. I'm trying to
> understand why are only a few users getting affected.
>
>  -- Raghu Siddarth
>
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Razvan Cosma <razvan.cosma at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Can't figure out the problem source, and I am in a hurry, so for now:
>> if(eval "require $type") {
>>     $self->{'Action'}  = $type->new ( Argument => $self->Argument,
>>                                       CurrentUser => $self->CurrentUser,
>>                                       ScripActionObj => $self,
>>                                       ScripObj => $args{'ScripObj'},
>>                                       TemplateObj => $self->TemplateObj,
>>                                       TicketObj => $args{'TicketObj'},
>>                                       TransactionObj =>
>> $args{'TransactionObj'},
>>                                     );
>>     } else {
>>       warn "Require of $type failed.\n$@\n";
>>     }
>> Then application seems to work fine otherwise.
>>
>> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Razvan Cosma <razvan.cosma at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> OK, tried another trick now: created a RT/Action/.pm file that only does
>>> print caller(); and it seems it's called from RT::ScripAction which
leads to
>>> the file ScripAction_Overlay.pm and at line 173
>>> eval "require $type" || die "Require of $type failed.\n$@\n";
>>> still digging..

Steve

Razvan Cosma