[rt-users] Email Issues with RT

Mark Olliver mark at thermeon.com
Thu Aug 26 22:00:57 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have two issues with emailing with RT.

1, Firstly our server accepts mail as two domains, I am unsure on my matches
but basically anything at example.org should be switched in RT to be
anything at support-example.org. I have put the following but I am not sure it
is correct.
Set( $CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch, '@example\.org$');
Set( $CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace, '@support-example\.org');
This change is because we used to run our old support under the old domain
but now with RT use the new one however, people still email the old one as
well.

2, When tickets are created or replied to, everyone on the ticket gets a
copy by email. However, for some reason the server also tries to send a copy
no ' ' which sendmail helpfully seems to interpretates as -@
support-example.org obviously a dud address which then generates two errors,
one a standard mail daemon error as it tries to mail it and one RT error
which loops to the owner. I cant see where or why it is doing this, but it
is global as it happens on every queue.

Any help would be appreciated especially with the second issue as i am
getting swamped with error mails.

Thanks

Mark