[rt-users] Using Sphinx with RT

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Mon Aug 30 10:49:20 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 04:21:51PM +0200, Guadagnino Cristiano wrote:
> Hi all,
> is there anybody already using Sphinx with RT to implement fast and efficient full-text search?
>
> For RT developers: are there plans for implementing better full-text search in RT in the (near) future? What about RT 4?
>
> I just want to know before I spend considerable time and efforts trying to integrate Sphinx in our RT setup.
>
> TIA
>
> Bye
> Cris

I have not seen anything in the RT4 discussions about updating
or including a full-text search function. The easiest way is to
use one of the existing database backends with full-text support,
either PostgreSQL or Oracle currently. It would be great if you
could get a more general full-text index support into RT with
Sphinx, since it can use ODBC to access the backend data for
indexing. The need to use a second SQL connection to Sphinx and
the ODBC backend interconnect to the RT datastore really
complicates the interface.

Good luck,
Ken