[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth

Peter Barton PBarton at iesi.com
Tue Aug 31 18:05:18 EDT 2010

I have been searching all day long and I am having some issues getting
this running.  Here is a quick copy of my RT_SiteConfig.pm:

Set(@Plugins, qw(RT::Authen::ExternalAuth));

Set(@Plugins, qw(RTx::Calendar));

Set($LogToFile,'debug');

Set($TrustHTMLAttachments, 1);

Set($ExternalAuthPriority,  [   'My_LDAP'

                            ]

);

Set($ExternalInfoPriority,  [   'My_LDAP'

                            ]

);

Set($ExternalServiceUsesSSLorTLS,    0);

Set($AutoCreateNonExternalUsers,    0);

Set($ExternalSettings,      {   # AN EXAMPLE DB SERVICE

                                'My_MySQL'   =>  {      ## GENERIC
SECTION

                                                        'type'
=>  'mysql',

                                                        'server'
=>  'localhost',

                                                        'database'
=>  'rt3',

                                                        'table'
=>  'USERS_TABLE',

                                                        'user'
=>  'rt_user',

                                                        'pass'
=>  'blahblah',

                                                        'port'
=>  '3306',

                                                        'dbi_driver'
=>  'mysql',

                                                        'u_field'
=>  'username',

                                                        'p_field'
=>  'password',

                                                        'p_enc_pkg'
=>  'Crypt::MySQL',

                                                        'p_enc_sub'
=>  'password',

                                                        'd_field'
=>  'disabled',

                                                        'd_values'
=>  ['0'],

'attr_match_list'           =>  [   'Gecos',

'Name'

],

                                                        'attr_map'
=>  {   'Name' => 'username',

'EmailAddress' => 'email',

'ExternalAuthId' => 'username',

'Gecos' => 'userID'

}

                                                    },

                                # AN EXAMPLE LDAP SERVICE

                                'My_LDAP'       =>  {   ## GENERIC
SECTION

                                                        'type'
=>  'ldap',

                                                        'server'
=>  'iesicorp.tf.prv',

                                                        'user'
=>  'cn=user,dc=tf,dc=prv',

                                                        'pass'
=>  'blahblah',

                                                        'base'
=>  'dc=tf,dc=prv',

                                                        'filter'
=>  '(objectClass=user)',

                                                        'd_filter'
=>  '(objectClass=FooBarBaz)',

                                                        'tls'
=>  0,

                                                        'ssl_version'
=>  3,

                                                        'net_ldap_args'
=> [    version =>  3   ],

#                                                        'group'
=>  'Domain Users',

#                                                        'group_attr'
=>  'memberof',

'attr_match_list'           => [    'Name',

'EmailAddress',

'RealName',

'WorkPhone',

'Address2'

],

                                                        # The mapping of
RT attributes on to LDAP attributes

                                                        'attr_map'
=>  {   'Name' => 'sAMAccountName',

'EmailAddress' => 'mail',

'Organization' => 'physicalDeliveryOfficeName',

'RealName' => 'cn',

'ExternalAuthId' => 'sAMAccountName',

'Gecos' => 'sAMAccountName',

'WorkPhone' => 'telephoneNumber',

'Address1' => 'streetAddress',

'City' => 'l',

'State' => 'st',

'Zip' => 'postalCode',

'Country' => 'co'

}

                                                    },

When I restart apache2 everything works fine.  I see no errors.  Yet
when I log into the web page I get this:

[Tue Aug 31 21:44:27 2010] [info]: Successful login for pbarton from
192.168.10.60 (/opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:430)

I check the "System Configuration" and I see no reference to
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth anywhere in there.  From all the logs it does
not even appear that I am loading this plugin.

BTW, I am running Ubuntu 8.0.4 LTS and RT version 3.8.6 and I installed
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth from cpan version 0.08.

I have successfully run the "rt_logins_email2ldap" script and was able
to make all the necessary changes to accomoodate the change from local
user auth to LDAP auth.  Any help anyone

Can provide I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,

Peter Barton