[rt-users] Adding it as a 'Requestor' would create a mail loop.... ?

Chris Hall hiro24 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 09:17:35 EST 2010

I'm a bit confused here.. tried reading up on this but.. maybe I just need a
layman's explanation of what I need to be doing here.

We were using rt 3.8.7, but recently upgraded to 3.8.8.  As per the README,
after the 'make upgrade' I ran:

/opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --dba rt_user --prompt-for-dba-password
--action upgrade

which initially gave an error about RTAddressRegexp not being set.  So after
some digging, I've set the regular expression up in
/opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm and re-ran the above line, w/o the
aforementioned error.  However, this morning when I went to create a test
ticket, I get:

mymail at myserver.com is an address RT receives mail at. Adding it as a
'Requestor' would create a mail loop

(obviously that's not the email address.. just kinda.. censoring..)

In the past, we've always used this email address as the single address to
send out notifications, etc..  and we don't really get "replies" to tickets
via email.  So now it appears it wants a different email account, rather
than the "catch-all" one we made.  I tried uncommenting the line from
RT_SiteConfig.pm and restarting apache, but that didn't seem to change
anything.  Before I accidentally break something, can someone help me out
here?  All I want is to have it able to submit tickets using the catch-all
email account we made for it.