[rt-users] webmux.pl causing Apache to fail

Alex Young AlexYoung at HousingPartners.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 11:49:19 EST 2010

I'm receiving an odd error with RT 3.8.8 on Ubuntu 10.4 and 10.10 x64.
Seems to be some kind of update that doesn't play well with webmux.pl.

After a few tries I restarted the server to receive this error, despite
Apache saying it isn't running:

* Starting web server apache2

 (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
0.0.0.0:80

Unable to open logs

I removed the link to  /opt/rt3/etc/apache2-modperl2.conf and Apache ran
fine.

I edited  /opt/rt3/etc/apache2-modperl2.conf and removed this line:

#PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

Apache was able to start normally.

If I enable that line again and attempt to start Apache it just sticks
with this line:

* Starting web server apache2

Nothing is entered into the Apache logs or the rt.log file.

I installed a brand new Ubuntu 10.10 server along with RT and had the
exact same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on or how to fix it?

Thanks.