[rt-users] Notify based on CF

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Dec 2 12:25:25 EST 2010

Kurt,

I agree with Kevin. The following is a simple scrip that sets the Owner
based on the value in a Custom Field array:

Name: Set owner on CF
Condition:On Create
Action:User-defined
Template: Blank
Stage: TransactionCreate or TransactionBatch

Custom Action Prep:
# ------------------------------------------------------------------- #
# Set ticket owner based on Custom Field
# KFCrocker  6/01/09
# ------------------------------------------------------------------- #
# set new ticket owner id value

my $trans = $self->TransactionObj;
my $ticket = $self->TicketObj;
my $ownerid = 10; # Nobody

my %orgs = qw(
           value1        999
           value2        999
           value3        999
          );

my $cf = new RT::CustomField($RT::SystemUser);
$cf->LoadByName(Queue => $ticket->QueueObj->id,Name => "CF Name");
return 0 unless $cf->id;
my $cfvalue = $ticket->FirstCustomFieldValue('CFO-Org');
my $ownerid = $orgs{$cfvalue};

# set new Ticket Owner ID

$ticket->SetOwner($ownerid);

return 1;

Custom Action Cleanup:
return 1;

Then follow up by creating a separate notification on Owner change.

Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL