[rt-users] Migrate and upgrade RT

Kevin Bailey kbailey at freewayprojects.com
Thu Dec 9 12:17:09 EST 2010

Hi,

Currently we have RT running at version

ii  request-tracker3.6              3.6.1-4+etch1
Extensible trouble-ticket tracking system

on a Debian etch server.

We have a nice new Debian server set up running Debian lenny.  And we've
installed RT on that server from the repository - currently version

ii  request-tracker3.6                3.6.7-5+lenny4

Any pointers on how we move the data from the old server to the new one.

I was told that it was just a question of copying the database over to
the new server and connecting to it using the conf file.  Then the
database would automatically get updated when it was first accessed -
but we've run into a problem whereby the web server fails to start

[Thu Dec 09 16:53:06 2010] [error] Insecure dependency in chdir while
running with -T switch at /usr/share/perl/5.10/File/Path.pm line
222.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 2) line 1.\n
[Thu Dec 09 16:53:06 2010] [error] Can't load Perl file:
/usr/share/request-tracker3.6/libexec/webmux.pl for server
cyclone2.freewayprojects.com:80, exiting..

I will start looking through the docs etc but thought I'd ask for some
pointers first.

Thanks,
--
*Kevin Bailey*
Director/Programmer - Freeway Projects Limited

Recycle for Amnesty <http://www.amnesty.org.uk/recycle>