[rt-users] Upgrade from 3.6.1 to 3.8.8

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Dec 10 11:57:09 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 02:55:40PM +0100, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> On 12/10/2010 02:48 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> >>We now will be upgrading our Debian server and the version of RT
> >>used will go from 3.6.1 to 3.8.8.
> >>
> >>How feasible is the upgrade from 3.6.1 to 3.8.8?  What would need to
> >>be done?
> >>
> >>Someone has mentioned updates to the DB being needed - I'd
> >>appreciate any pointers to the SQL which would be needed.
> >
> >Have you read through UPGRADING and the README that are included with
> >every download of RT?
> >
> >It covers all of this.
>
> Not really. It is very important for the upgrade to read UPGRADING.mysql
> and follow the steps detailed below:

Both of the files I reference contain pointers to UPGRADING.mysql

3.8 (3.8-trunk)$ grep UPGRADING.mysql *
README:     you're using MySQL, read through UPGRADING.mysql as well.
UPGRADING:If you are using MySQL, please read the instructions in UPGRADING.mysql as
UPGRADING:New schema for mysql 4.1 and greater, read more in UPGRADING.mysql.

-kevin