[rt-users] associating customFields to QuickCalls?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Dec 10 11:58:48 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 05:21:47PM +0000, Giuseppe Sollazzo wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm using the QuickCalls extensions to create tickets of a given type.
>
> It would be great if it were possible to, say, add custom fields to
> certain QuickCalls.

If you want to add a custom field value based on the Quick Call
selected, that would be doable, but you'd have to do some work to
create the proper parameters.

If you want to display a custom field on the quick call screen, then I
suspect you want to search the mailing list archives for users who
have modified Quick Create.  Quick Calls was meant to be a quick
'select from a list, make a ticket' extension.  Quick Create is more
suited to collecting information from users at creation time.

Adding a non-global Custom Field to Quick Create or Quick Calls could
obviously have some interesting bugs

-kevin