[rt-users] user logged out after *every* action?

hubert depesz lubaczewski depesz at depesz.com
Sat Dec 11 17:33:49 EST 2010

Hi,
I have rt 3.8.7 working on one server, and it's working fine.

Now, I installed 3.8.8 on another server (from sources), copied config,
and modified it to connect to correct database.

When I go to new server - it shows correct 3.8.8 page, I can login, and
all seems to work.

Until I click on any link.

Any click takes me back to login screen. When I do login - I am shown
the page I requested before. Another click, another login screen.

Tried stracing, checking sessions table in database (it does contain the
data), tcpdumping traffic.

I have no idea what might be wrong.

I know that I probably didn't give any sensible information in here, but
will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have that will
push me closer to solving my problem - after all, re-logging in after
every click is hardly good thing.

as for my setup.

I have nginx in front, with this config:

server {
    server_name some_server;
    listen 80;
    charset     utf-8;
    access_log  /var/log/nginx/some_server.access.log combined_with_time;
    error_log   /var/log/nginx/some_server.error.log;

    location / {
        root   /opt/rt3/share/html;
        fastcgi_pass  127.0.0.1:50004;
        fastcgi_param  QUERY_STRING       $query_string;
        fastcgi_param  REQUEST_METHOD     $request_method;
        fastcgi_param  CONTENT_TYPE       $content_type;
        fastcgi_param  CONTENT_LENGTH     $content_length;
        fastcgi_param  PATH_INFO          $fastcgi_script_name;
    }
    location /NoAuth/ {
        alias /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/;
    }
}

As I said - aside form this relogging after every click - everything seems to work.

Best regards,

depesz

--
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/depesz  /  blog: http://www.depesz.com/