[rt-users] Possible to downgrade DB from 3.8 to 3.6?

Gary Greene ggreene at minervanetworks.com
Mon Dec 13 19:06:57 EST 2010

On 13/12/10 9:43 AM, "John Arends" <jarends at illinois.edu> wrote:
> CPAN makes me cranky, but trying to package all the perl modules as RPMs
> makes me crankier. It's like wrapping one packaging system around
> another one, and fighting with both of them.

This is why I use cpan2rpm every time.

> The reality is, every time RHEL updates perl, RT will break. I solve
> this by having an identical test system. I apply the updates, see what
> breaks, and then reinstall the perl modules in question using CPAN.

This ALSO can be avoided, if you know how to package your cpan2rpm packages
in site instead of vendor locations. This allows that NONE of the issues
that are endemic of RHEL's busted Perl packaging to cause long term
headaches for me.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
IT Operations