[rt-users] Exchange tip

Jason Knight jknight at llenergyinc.com
Mon Dec 13 20:11:06 EST 2010

Just thought I'd throw this tip out there if you are running Exchange in your environment.  I have RT configured on my CentOS 5.5 box, help.domain.com.  My /etc/alias file uses help at help.domain.com<mailto:help at help.domain.com> for incoming requests into my main helpdesk queue.  What I've done with Exchange, that hosts for domain.com, is to create the email help at domain.com<mailto:help at domain.com>, and a contact for help at help.domain.com<mailto:help at help.domain.com>.  The newly created Exchange mailbox, help at domain.com<mailto:help at domain.com> forwards to help at help.domain.com<mailto:help at help.domain.com>.  What this allows me to do is use delivery restrictions on the Exchange account to limit the help desk to authenticated users only, thus blocking outside requests.  I know RT has it's own mechanism to do this, but this allows me to open it up easily if I need to, and I can use LDAP authentication alongside local users in RT.