[rt-users] Changing database connection options?

hubert depesz lubaczewski depesz at depesz.com
Tue Dec 14 08:18:13 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:57:03AM -0500, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 11:40:17PM +0100, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> > Hi,
> > another question: is there any way to change database connections
> > options from config?
> > I.e. I want to change what's being passed as 4th argument to
> > DBI->connect().
>
> You'd need to patch DBIx::SearchBuilder to provide an option for RT to
> use and then patch RT to use that option.

Hmm. This looks like a very complicated task. Wouldn't it be possible,
to just call:

$dbh->{'pg_server_prepare'} = 0;
from rt?

Reason - server side prepared statements are rarely useful, usually they
do not speed things up, and they break some setups.

Of course I can modify my own copy of rt, but patching it again and
again after every upgrade seems to be suboptimal.

Best regards,

depesz

--
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/depesz  /  blog: http://www.depesz.com/