[rt-users] Tracking down rogue dashboard subscriptions

Francis L Fabrizio fabrizio at uab.edu
Thu Dec 16 11:05:39 EST 2010

I have been trying to track down why I am still getting subscription emails for a dashboard for which I thought I had disabled my subscription.

When I go to Tools -> Dashboards, there is a dashboard defined at the group level for a group that I belong to.  Previously, I was subscribed to this dashboard daily at 6am.  I since went back in to try to disable it, and the subscription column now reads "None".  I click on None and it shows that the subscription frequency is "never".  Yet, I still get the subscription email every morning at 6am as it was previously set to do.

Our RT 3.8.8 install has only this one dashboard defined.  I did some exploring directly in the database, and in the Attributes table there is only one row for a subscription, and when I resubmit the "never" frequency for this subscription, that row gets hit (lastUpdated becomes current time).  Yet, I am still getting the email.

Is this a bug, or is there some other way to subscribe to dashboards that I need to disable?  What would happen if I simply delete this row from the DB (seems like a bad idea, but might work)?

--
Fran Fabrizio
Director of Information Systems
HHB560C | 205.996.5698 | fabrizio at uab.edu