[rt-users] Problem with character encodings after migration to new rt 3.8.8

Kiriaki Konstantinidou kiriaki at itsak.gr
Fri Dec 17 03:44:25 EST 2010

This is the output of updgrade-mysql-schema.pl. I also attach the
queries.sql file.

perl etc/upgrade/upgrade-mysql-schema.pl rt3 root <passwd> > queries.sql
-- ** NOTICE: No database changes have been made. **
-- Please review the generated SQL, ensure you have a full backup of
your database
-- and apply it to your database using a command like:
-- mysql -u root -p rt3 < queries.sql";

I don't think the backup is falty. I understand that greek characters
where written in the old db in a way that rt3 could read them but
phpMyAdmin couldn't. After the upgrade neither rt3 can read them.

Kiriaki