[rt-users] advanced search w/ a sql call

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at ctg.com
Mon Dec 20 11:38:35 EST 2010

Hello,

I'd like to search for tickets created w/in the past 7 days which can be
done easily enough by creating a query where Created after some day,
"Created > '2010-12-13'". I'd like to make this more dynamic so I go
into Advanced and change the Query to "Created > date_add(current_date,
interval - 7 day)" and when I apply the changes I'm left on the Advanced
query page and the format has been wiped out. Not what I was hoping for.

Are you allowed to enter straight SQL through the interface like this to
make dynamic queries? Certainly I can see why this would not be allowed
since it could lead to sql injection but I'm curious.

Also, is there a way to save such a report so I could just point to a
URL or something of that nature to fire it off? Basically my manager
wants a weekly report of all the tickets entered into RT and I'm trying
to automate the creation of the report I give him.

Thanks!

RT 3.8.8 w/mysql

--
Darin Perusich
Email: Darin.Perusich at ctg.com
Office: 716-888-3690
Cell: 716-807-4589

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, please contact the sender and delete this material from this computer.