[rt-users] Resource usage spikes

Landon Stewart lstewart at superb.net
Tue Dec 21 14:20:04 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Carlos A. Carnero Delgado <
carloscarnero at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> RT newb here. My team is currently testing RT to see if (and how well)
> it would serve us. So far so good, with one exception: every now and
> then, the web interface is completely unresponsive for a couple of
> minutes. When I get into the system's console, I see Apache taking
> 100% of processors during the spike. When the usage falls, everything
> goes back to normal: behavior is a lot faster and it keeps going on
> like that for several hours until the next spike.

Hi Carlos,

I had this exact same problem with RT from packages on a CentOS machine.
When I installed it from tar.gz I didn't have the problem.  It almost seemed
like there was missing database indexes or something but when I checked the
SQL usage it was complete idle.  I couldn't ever pin down what was using all
the resources.  The installation I'm running now has been upgraded once and
has been running for over a year.  We are up to ticket #19469 now.

--
Landon Stewart <LStewart at SUPERB.NET>
SuperbHosting.Net by Superb Internet Corp.