[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth - LDAP Accounts Not Shown in Users List

Lee Hughes hughesl at science.oregonstate.edu
Wed Dec 29 18:34:30 EST 2010

>> I have the latest RT::Authen::ExternalAuth installed and working
>> with RT 3.8.8. I can log in as a user in our LDAP directory, and a
>> corresponding record is created in the users table in the rt3
>> database (Postgres 9). But when I log in as root and try to add that
>> user to a new group, it lists only Enoch Root in the Users list
>> under Add Members.
>
> Those users are unprivileged by default, search for them
>
>> Not sure if it's relevant but when I log in with the LDAP account I
>> see this error in syslog:
>>
>> RT: DBD::Pg::db selectall_hashref failed: ERROR:  column "disabled"
>> does not exist at character 13
>> (/usr/local/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/DBI.pm:279)
>
> sounds like you left the default dbi example config in place, rather
> than only enabling the ldap config.
>
> -kevin

Kevin-

Great suggestions. I incorrectly assumed I needed to keep dbi in place
for root login, but I disabled dbi and I can still log in as root. I
found the LDAP accounts under Configuration > Users > Find, checked
"Let this user be granted rights", and I'm now able to add them to the
Group.

Thanks alot for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Lee