[rt-users] ACL.RightName = 'SuperUser' OR ACL.RightName = 'ShowACL' :: please help

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Feb 8 13:07:38 EST 2010

Raed,

 From my evaluations when scrutinizing the DB, I've noticed that it
seems ANY query saved by group (OH, this is on 3.6.4. I haven't had a
chance yet to REALLY look at the DB from a 3.8.x view) will always want
to check permissions for a single user that wants to look at that query
to see if that user is in the group. You say it is happening alot. Does
that mean this security check happens regardless of the user? Regardless
of the query? Is this GroupID a /system/ group? If so, is this query
saved as a /system/ query? There might be something in these
relationships that is escaping your notice. I've found, at least in the
past, that a /*LOT*/ of the /time-consuming/ search problems are related
to user/group membership/privileges. Hope this helps you in de-bugging
the problem.

Kenn
LBNL

On 2/8/2010 9:41 AM, Raed El-Hames wrote:
> [...]
> |  2 |       2 |        1 |    2 |                 2 |        0 |
> +----+---------+----------+------+-------------------+----------+
>
> This is the row that tells the RT::SystemUser that its a member of
> itself , and its the row that ACLs and Principals are checked against.
> The fact it was missing, it made the system loop through the queue
> checking acls for the RT user.
> so I added it via sql, and that problem is resolved, however :
>
> I do have another problem now, which is repeated :
>  176 Query     SELECT  * FROM CachedGroupMembers WHERE GroupId =
> '2034' AND MemberId = '1'
>                  176 Query     SELECT  * FROM CachedGroupMembers WHERE
> GroupId = '2034' AND MemberId = '1'
>                  176 Query     SELECT  * FROM CachedGroupMembers WHERE
> GroupId = '2034' AND MemberId = '1'
>                  176 Query     SELECT  * FROM CachedGroupMembers WHERE
> GroupId = '2034' AND MemberId = '1'
>                  176 Query     SELECT  * FROM CachedGroupMembers WHERE
> GroupId = '2034' AND MemberId = '1'
>                  176 Query     SELECT  * FROM CachedGroupMembers WHERE
> GroupId = '2034' AND MemberId = '1'
>                  176 Query     SELECT  * FROM CachedGroupMembers WHERE
> GroupId = '2034' AND MemberId = '1'
>                  176 Query     SELECT  * FROM CachedGroupMembers WHERE
> GroupId = '2034' AND MemberId = '1'
>                  176 Query     SELECT  * FROM CachedGroupMembers WHERE
> GroupId = '2034' AND MemberId = '1'
>                  176 Query     SELECT  * FROM CachedGroupMembers WHERE
> GroupId = '2034' AND MemberId = '1'
>                  176 Query     SELECT  * FROM CachedGroupMembers WHERE
> GroupId = '2034' AND MemberId = '1'
>                  176 Query     SELECT  * FROM CachedGroupMembers WHERE
> GroupId = '2034' AND MemberId = '1'
>                  176 Query     SELECT  * FROM CachedGroupMembers WHERE
> GroupId = '2034' AND MemberId = '1'
>                  176 Query     SELECT  * FROM CachedGroupMembers WHERE
> GroupId = '2034' AND MemberId = '1'
>                  176 Query     SELECT  * FROM CachedGroupMembers WHERE
> GroupId = '2034' AND MemberId = '1'
>
> No doubt its missing entries in the database ? (for the curious 2034
> is a defined user group) , why its checking if the SystemUser is a
> member of that group is beyond my little brains.
>
> Again Any help will be appreciated
>
> Roy
>

> Ken Crocker wrote:
>> Raed,
>>
>> The only thing I can think of to help de-bug this is to list the
>> privileges you've set and then compare that list to what you see in
>> the ACL table. Unless, of course, you have Rights Matrix installed.
>> That would also help. I don't know if "Rights Matrix" works on 3.8.x,
>> but it certainly is worth a try.
>>

>> Kenn
>> LBNL
>>
>> On 2/8/2010 8:50 AM, Raed El-Hames wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe this time I'll get an answer ..
>>> RT-3.8.7 NO customisation apart from css
>>> DBIx - 1.56 apache2,mod_perl2
>>>
>>> I am seeing a lot of queries (1146 of them)
>>>
>>> SELECT ACL.id FROM ACL, Groups, Principals, CachedGroupMembers WHERE
>>> (ACL.RightName = 'SuperUser' OR ACL.RightName = 'ShowACL') AND
>>> Principals.Disabled = 0 AND CachedGroupMembers.Disabled = 0 AND
>>> Principals.id = Groups.id AND Principals.PrincipalType = 'Group' AND
>>> Principals.id = CachedGroupMembers.GroupId AND
>>> CachedGroupMembers.MemberId = 1 AND ACL.PrincipalType = Groups.Type
>>> AND ((ACL.ObjectType = 'RT::System' AND ACL.ObjectId = 1) OR
>>> (ACL.ObjectType = 'RT::Queue' AND ACL.ObjectId = 4)) AND